After working with CCA on improving their website to provide a better cyber school experience (see our previous work), they saw the need to bring together families, students, and educators in a learning community. They realized the only way to successfully engage with their community was to replace their existing learning platform. CCA needed us to work our magic and develop a new platform designed with the student at the center: edio. Our partnership marked the beginning of an amazing journey towards redefining education, one experience at a time.
Education in many ways is a broken reality, a product molded by policy and decisions that idealize an unrealistic version of students and teachers that couldn't be further from reality. We utilized human-centered design as a way to know the real people, the everyday struggles of students, teachers, and parents, empathizing with them and building solutions with each of them at the center.
Allow us to take you through two years of work, hundreds of miles, and thousands upon thousands of hours.
Then, we started the development process of writing the code to build the product. And, we tested our work again and again. We received feedback, categorized it and used it to inform changes.
Our number one priority was to deliver an experience with the flexibility to customize each student’s curriculum to maximize learning. Understanding that each student learns differently was crucial in developing a learning platform that would allow teachers to accommodate unique learning styles on a case-by-case basis.
We found that key relationships between teachers, parents, and administrators are important to a student’s success and we wanted to make sure that was a big part of it. edio’s platform ensures that the student’s support system is accompanying them through the learning journey.
By utilizing edio, you’ll achieve successful educational outcomes for each and every student. edio’s relationship management system allows for:
- Customizable curriculum at the student level
- Flexible structure to learning that is easily understood
- Content authoring and third-party integrations
- Transparency for parents
- Access to course materials so parents can learn and help their students
- Relationships and easy access to teachers and staff
- Multiple communication channels to keep both students and parents informed and engaged
edio has demonstrated a high level of success in two full school years and summer school sessions.
- 10,000students who actively used the system
- 0minutes of system downtime
- 51external content providers integrated
- 2,799,688chat messages sent
- 4,381,686entities synced between edio and PowerSchool SIS
- 22,235,556gradebook entries
- 218,046Zoom meetings registered, rostered and conducted through edio