We’re looking for the dreamers, the endlessly curious, the people who simply don’t believe in the impossible.
Our Strategy Director lights the fire in every strategist within their team, with a unique blend of strategic leader, business thinker, problem-solver, and creative entrepreneur. The Strategy Director pushes their team to think beyond requirements, norms, and conventions. andculture’s strategists are seen as the thinking powerhouse making sense of problems and challenges brought to us by our clients; they build coalitions with design and development practitioners and charge ahead in search of the why’s and how’s. They are partners-in-crime with Experience Owners, interrogating briefs until a satisfactory question mark is identified.
The Strategy Director oversees and grows a diverse team of strategists across multiple disciplines - brand and marketing, solutions architecture, digital marketing, data, and analytics - endorsing their thinking and approach, advocating for their recommendations and strategies. The Strategy Director mentors their team towards striking the balance between data, insights, and gut when making decisions, progressively pushing the team towards the boundaries of what’s possible and what’s yet to be created or invented.
This role reports to the Executive Director, Experience
Like all of us at andculture, we really hope you like to do lots of fun, crazy, and exciting things in your life! At the office, here’s a few we hope you can help us with:
- Team Growth/Leadership
- Develop the Strategy team in a purposeful way in order to increase their competence, confidence, and capability to make significant contributions at andculture and with our clients' partners
- Vet and recruit talent and manage the interview process, offer and negotiation process, hiring process, and onboarding process, in collaboration with the Executive Director, Experience and People Experience
- Lead the team to achieve results by selecting the right talent, getting the most out of each team member, leveraging the collaboration of people working together, and building team confidence and enthusiasm
- Establish internal and external growth paths for direct reports
- Support and encourage the team to develop their skill sets by way of internal or external training opportunities
- Ensure client partners are receiving the best results from your team
- Monitor activity of team through operational and account/project reviews and observing/coaching
- Provide thought leadership that leads to innovative work and best practices
- Support the Strategy team by advising and reviewing their work on client partner projects
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports and partner with them when planning and building the Strategy team
- Partner with People Experience to conduct performance reviews twice a year for all direct reports in the 15Five platform
- Mentors and upholds andculture’s culture and values with all teams in the organization to help drive the experience of working with and for andculture
- Collaborate across disciplines; develop internal partnerships that improve processes and agency success
- Define initiatives around organizational success that are in direct relation to our company-wide goals each year; these initiatives will be created and measured as new organizational goals are established
- Identify and set department goals that ladder up to agency goals; work with teams and across disciplines to collaborate on action plans when necessary, delegate goal responsibilities to direct reports
- Help guide and push Lean UX and Agile initiatives throughout the team and the organization in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Assist with sales process by contributing to proposals with approach, process definition, estimation, and/or pitching
- Participate in financial and allocation forecasting with andculture leadership team, Executive Director, Experience, COO, President, and CEO
- Partner with Executive Leadership and People Experience in administrative activities such as modifications to the handbook, policies, and other initiatives that help drive the experience of working with andculture
- Identify external learning and speaking engagements and participate either through speaking roles or networking opportunities
- Engage andculture agency and client partners to research, plan, execute, and deliver work that supports client business goals, following andculture’s way of working methodologies.
- Make recommendations on project direction and the type of research (competitive analysis, secondary research, focus group testing, surveys, brand assessment), campaign strategies (both digital and traditional), and optimization efforts that will drive positive results for our client partners.
- Engage and coach the team in functions spanning from research and discovery to a variety of campaign strategy and execution techniques, data analysis, and ongoing optimization efforts.
- Leverage Lean UX strategies with Human-Centered Design principles to understand, guide, and generate meaningful outcomes for our client partners.
- Based on audience and client needs, you’ll synthesize go-forward tactics from research methodology recommendations.
- Take opportunities to institute new points-of-views on trends and insights, and develop new processes that evolve our burgeoning strategy, marketing, and analytics capabilities.
- 10+ years in marketing strategy, consumer/user research, product strategy, brand strategy; agency or consultancy experience is a mandate.
- Proven experience successfully leading a team.
- Proven experience as a credible C-level presenter.
- Digitally fluent, with proven experience working through and leading complex enterprise challenges.
- Brand/marketing-fluent, with proven experience working through and leading complex B2B, B2C corporate issues such as brand analysis, brand architecture development, segmentation, audience and demand landscape strategy, brand purpose/positioning.
- Experience in planning, budgeting, and assessing projects for proposal responses.
- Deep interest in understanding people’s behaviors, attitudes, and motivations.
- You are comfortable in situations of challenge and change.
- You are equal parts creative and analytical.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs (computer equipment, etc)
- Ability to sit for about 80% of the time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen about 80% of the time.
- Ability to use stairs to navigate around the office.