Senior Software Engineer
We're looking for talented senior software engineers to take the reins on crafting dynamic projects from small websites to large applications as we look to break ground on new digital experience horizons.
Our Senior Software Engineers are capable of building software from start to finish. They flourish at executing the software development life cycle at its finest and provide feedback, recommendations, and technical direction throughout the course of a project.
Senior Software Engineers can work independently with guidance from Technical Architects. They have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. Senior Software Engineers will develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals established by the project teams.
Here at andculture we strive for outcomes over output, and whether it's a small website or a large application, we aim to deliver with excellence. We really hope you want to do that too. Here’s a list of the things we expect you can help us with:
- Consistently and accurately execute and complete tasks on a project
- Work alongside a Senior Engineer, Technical Lead or Technical Architect on a project to further increase development knowledge and ensure portions of their work are done properly and on time
- Increase job knowledge by studying latest development tools, programming techniques and potential integrations with existing software
- Work with and provide open communication with other disciplines to help solve problems, diagnose potential issues, or share progress on a project
- Create accurate estimates on tasks
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Comply to project plans put in place through Agile SCRUM principles and other project management practices on a project
- Participate in code reviews
An ideal candidate will have most of these skills & qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience and practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High problem-solving aptitude.
- 5+ years' experience of object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C#, Java)
- 5+ years of experience of relational database management systems (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- 5+ years' experience in software development experience with a proven history of successful web projects utilizing a multi-tiered architecture
- Expertise with software IDEs like Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, and Rider
- Expertise with source control management tools such as Git
- Experience in a software development role utilizing .NET technologies and frameworks including .NET Core or other comparable technology (Python, Java, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
- Experience in cloud implementation and architecture
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to document requirements and specifications