Senior Account Manager
andculture’s Partnership group owns the discipline of guiding and developing our client partners’ programs, products, and providing strategically sound solutions to their business objectives.
The Senior Account Manager is an integral part of our Partnerships team and is responsible for the overall success of our marketing and advertising clients’ overarching programs. The Senior Account Manager understands all of the solutions in andculture’s arsenal and how to package them up in the best way to solve their clients’ problems. By maintaining a deep knowledge of their clients’ business, industry, and competition, the Senior Account Manager partners with agency creatives in developing top-notch work. This role acts as a consultant/advisor to clients, helping them act on the best plans, strategic decisions, and informing and shaping the next steps.
The Senior Account Manager's role is to be the client advocate; they ensure the experience of working with andculture is as great as the work that we deliver. Account Managers are the primary contact and first interaction; they oversee the relationship with our client partners and the “master plan” for client projects. They are directly responsible for invoicing and revenue for clients.
This is an influential role at andculture -- both respected and trusted internally and externally. The position reports to the Executive Director of Experience.
Like all of us at andculture, we really hope you like to do lots of fun, crazy, and exciting things in your life! At the office, here are a few we hope you can help us with:
- Own, lead, and manage andculture’s client relationships; build strong and lasting working relationships with clients.
- Act as a client advisor/consultant.
- Drive the strategic direction of the relationship.
- Run strategic planning for accounts, including supporting the budget planning process.
- Have in-depth knowledge of clients' business, industry, and competitive landscape (and their positioning within this landscape).
- Become immersed in the client’s business to become an expert and advocate for the client.
- Responsible for helping to assemble a rock-star team for clients made up of the best practitioners; they know who to bring into the conversation from andculture to help solve client challenges.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients and leverage existing opportunities to expand scope on current projects.
- Communicate ideas and rationale to internal teams and clients.
- Work with vendors on contracts and other legal documents to ensure they are all signed and follow the internal workflow.
- Identify strategic opportunities for clients based on their industry.
- May work with internal andculture team members to pitch work and write proposals, strategies, scopes of work, etc., to finalize opportunities.
- Manage client expectations (based on a foundation of trust, and expectation of quality deliverables).
- Lead and provide major input in developing strategic marketing plans for client partners and in executing the campaigns and projects against those plans on a daily basis.
- Lead client-facing engagements.
- Lead and oversee the process of writing client-facing briefs that achieve the client’s objectives and transfer pertinent information to the andculture team.
- Represent andculture’s solutions to the client.
- Determine and define vision and value to both andculture and our client partners, by prioritizing work in alignment with business goals.
- Define clear, concise, and measurable goals that maximize andculture’s value to our client partnerships.
An ideal candidate will have most of these skills & qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience working in a strategic, consultative, client-facing role. Agency experience is strongly preferred.
- And/or 5+ years experience working with or for consumer brands.
- Proven knowledge of, interest in, and experience with marketing and advertising planning, programs and execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree; previous experience consulting or advising is preferred.
- A breadth of experience to anticipate client feedback.
- A generalist and not a specialist.
- Experience scoping, estimating and pitching projects.
- A history of acting as a collaborative leader with cross-functional teams that deliver top-notch creative and innovative solutions.
- A natural or learned ability to push clients at the appropriate time and demonstrate flexibility at the appropriate time.
- A desire to work collaboratively.
- An interest in solving problems that don’t have obvious solutions.
- Ability to think critically.
- An honest passion for client service and the larger marketing and advertising industry.
- The ability to advocate for ideas while demonstrating humility; sharing skills with others and growing under the direction of andculture leadership.
- The willingness and ability to travel and be client-facing as our clients’ needs evolve.