The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide. Scrum Masters do this by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
Help us foster great autonomous teams who own their work. Serve as the Scrum Master for one or two Scrum teams. Coach the Scrum teams and the broader organization to maximize the value created by the Scrum team and on highly effective inspection and adaptation practices. Be an active participant in andculture’s Scrum Master community.
Like all of us at andculture, we really hope you like to do lots of fun, crazy, and exciting things in your life! At the office, here’s a list of a few we hope you can help us with:
Service to the Experience Owner in several ways, including:
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team as well as possible;
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management;
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items;
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment;
- Ensuring the Experience Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value;
- Understanding and practicing agility; and,
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
Service to the Development Team in several ways, including:
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Development Team to create high-value products;
- Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress;
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed; and,
- Coaching the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
Service to the andculture organization in several ways, including:
- Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Planning Scrum implementations within the organization;
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development;
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team; and,
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
We’re thinking that an excellent candidate might have some of these skills and qualifications:
- Scrum Master certification (PSM I) is required
- 2+ years of experience serving in the role of Scrum Master for a Development Team
- Extreme professional transparency in everything you do
- Evidence of skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework (example: forecasting, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
- Software product and website development experience
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with of other widely successful Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Nexus, LeSS, SAFe, Crystal, FDD, User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing