Front End Web Developer
Our Front End Developers are responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency, and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages.
Front End Developers will work in teams alongside Software Engineers, Designers, Strategists, and UX professionals to ensure we’re creating high-quality, innovative, human-centered websites.
Like all of us at andculture, we hope you like to do lots of fun, crazy, and exciting things in your life! At the office, here are a few things we hope you can help us with:
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for all user experiences.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout a website.
- Ensure all websites are accessible following WCAG standards.
- Establish and deliver personal objectives to continue learning and growing in the form of objectives and key results.
- Engage in constant experimentation in the ways we deliver work.
- Comply with project plans put in place through Agile Scrum principles and other project management practices on a project.
- Communicate the status of your work frequently to your project team through project management software, daily standups, and team chats.
- Communicate commitments to your project team and direct manager, and hold yourself accountable to deliver them on time.
- Communicate with your direct manager about that status of your work through weekly employee engagement reports and 1:1 meetings.
- Share direct and candid feedback with your teammates through code reviews, performance reviews, and sprint retrospectives.
- Celebrate great work.
- Participate in backlog refinement, and sprint planning to establish recurring sprint goals for projects in an effort to deliver business value early, and often.
- Be collaborative with your work by ensuring that you’re working with your project teammates. Avoid knowledge silos.
- Demonstrate vulnerability by asking for feedback, and reaching out to other engineers for advice on areas to improve your technical skills. This can be accomplished via in person meetings, code reviews, and sprint retrospectives.
- Participate in group technical interviews for new engineering team candidates.
An ideal candidate will have most of these skills & qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience building websites in popular CMS platforms such as Wordpress and Drupal.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Photoshop and Sketch.
- Experience with mobile-first responsive design.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.